Friday, November 14, 2008

Dominos Delivery

There has been somewhat of a mystery at our house the past couple weeks. We ordered Domino's pizza one Saturday night a couple weeks ago and then after that we were getting some awkward calls. 

First of all let me explain that when someone comes to our apartment the building is locked outside. So they have to press the apartment number on this little key pad outside, which connects to our home phone number. Then we answer, can talk to the person, and buzz them into the building. 

So this is what was happening. I was home and Dan was at school and this guy was calling and saying "Domino's delivery. Pizza for Laura Chipman. $27.55. Domino's delivery... pizza... Laura Chipman.. apartment 105" (in this Latino-Italian accent). Then I would reply, "No I didn't order a pizza.  No please stop. We didn't order a pizza. No!" Then I would hang up. Well this kept happening. I eventually stopped answering the phone because I kept getting so annoyed. And a couple of times the person was even leaving messages. Well I was talking with Dan about it and we decided I should just be firm and say stop calling us the next time the guy called. So yesterday he called and I did just that.  I was like "Listen, we didn't order a pizza! Stop calling! Stop please. Please just stop!" and the guy was like "oh... ok. ok. bye."

Well when Dan came home I told him what happened. He was like hmm, good job. Well I was proud of myself and I felt good about saying no to the guy. About 5 min later, Dan was like, "Hey Laura....I'm the Domino's guy.....Domino's delivery... Laura Chipman... apt 105... pizza for Laura Chipman." I couldn't believe it! We were laughing so hard. I swear Dan is the funniest person I know.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Why does this not surprise me at all??? What makes me laugh is that you didn't just assume it was him!

Blake + Amy said...

hahaha! How did he think of that?

erin said...

dan and laura!!! oh my I'm sitting here at designteam and sneaked into katie's blog and found yours!!! I just have to say all trickery was off when I read the domino's story!!! I've never laughed so hard! thanks so much for the laugh!!! you made my day. hope things are going well!!!

Laura said...

Oh Erin! I miss you guys! I was just telling Dan this! I don't know if you will even get to read this but you guys are the best!