Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Home... Safe and Sound

Just about a month ago we packed up this Penske and drove back home to Salt Lake City.

We hired 2 great movers to help us pack up. I was so glad that we had their help because we ended up filling the truck right to the brim. Their expertise was a life saver as they arranged everything in the truck. It was like fitting in all the pieces of the puzzle. I wasn't sure how Dan and I would have done it without their help. This was what it looked like only 1/4 full.

It was a really strange feeling seeing our apartment completely empty. Walking out of the apartment was kind of like saying goodbye to an old friend. It actually was much harder than I thought it would be.

But I was comforted when I saw these bums as we were entering the freeway...
Goodbye Frisco Bums!

When we arrived home, fall was out full force. I wish I would have taken pictures of the leaves. But it was beautiful. I realized that I missed earth smells, crispy leaves, the mountains, and the smell of grass! Usually it is snowy by early November, but I think we were lucky and fall lingered a little longer.

It did end up snowing last Saturday and I took pictures of the blizzard...
I didn't go anywhere! I just stayed inside, nice and cozy, with the fire going. It was absolutely beautiful outside.

In other news, I cut my hair! It feels so good to be re-united with my beloved hairdresser.

Dan is really enjoying his job. Things are going great with him. I thought I would just show you that he hasn't changed too much... still as cute as ever!

Now I need to explain why I really am glad I am back.
It is all because of these little gems... my nieces and nephews!

Sam and Will

Levi

Patrick

Eliza

Jane, Scott, David, and Sadie

These little ones are who I have missed most! Who wouldn't after seeing these darling faces?

Overall, it really is great being back. I miss San Francisco, but there really is no place like home.

4 comments:

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Back in my life, and back in my heart.

Laura said...

Oh Lindsay! It it good to be back in both!
xoxo
Laura

Tyler Toone said...

Hey Dan and Laura,
We truly are so glad you two are back home in SLC - we love spending time with you.

Love ya both
The Tyler & Angela & kids

Mark said...

even though having you back has made the sunday dinner seating chart a little more difficult, I guess we are glad. Plus, can't wait to see you in Mary's suit.