Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving!

For Thanksgiving, I decided to take on the challenge myself! I studied all of the Food Network shows, and searched online to try and do it the very best I could. I was most nervous about my turkey. I personally think the worst thing ever is a dry turkey. So from what I learned, I just tried to apply. I put the turkey on some carrots, celery, and onion. I took the giblet bag out of the turkey (several people reminded me to do that) and filled it with onion, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper, and fresh thyme. Then I put on the outside this melted butter, lemon, and thyme mixture.

I really don't think I could have stuffed it more.


All my studying paid off! It was such a moist tender turkey! It was fabulous! I also made some side items that were also tasty. It totally paid off.



I think Dan liked it too.


I also decided to try something new and make a coconut cake for dessert in place of pumpkin pie. It turned out really good as well.






Gotta love Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Karen said...

WOW....you are so domestic! Any trips up to Santa Rosa planned. Santa Rosa High Winter Concert is December 12th....Hailey is a senior...its you last chance until Aden is in High School! CALL ME!

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Get out of town! I am so impressed. Everything looks delightful.

Mia said...

Lil' Lornis! I am so impressed. That looks so delicious - my mouth is watering for a bite of that coconut cake. Could you make one for me? Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Nice work. BTW, what is with Dan's hair, he looks like a small school boy!!

Mary said...

I was just going to say the exact same thing as Mia about D's hair! He looks like he's 9. Hilarious.

Anyway, what a great Thanksgiving meal! Great work. We sure missed you guys though!

Dan Chipman said...

Watch yourselves, Mia & Mary . . . nothing hurts worse than an e-insult.

Tyler Toone said...

Laura - that looks like an amazing Turkey Dinner! And that cake - WOW! Glad you guys are doing okay out there.